...

...

: : : :

: : : :

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

The Year that was 2015

I can truthfully say that the second half of 2015 has been rather harsh. The year started off really well with my baby shower, lots of creative vents and then the homestretch. I knew what to expect when I was expecting my second one around April this year. Our baby boy was born on April 8th. I felt better prepared for motherload this time around. March to July just seemed to drift by in a daze as nights merged with days. August and September brought some outdoor excitement and freshness. I started planning the rest of the year with the enthusiasm of going back to work. I thought about makeovers and ‘to do’ lists.However this phase was short-lived. October brought some unexpected shocks to our life and my mind went onto unknown destinations. I wasn’t ready to face such situations. In this race of time, space, money and relations suddenly when one becomes more important than the other, none can predict…

It took me a few months to realize the hidden meaning beneath all these occurrences. Life’s experiences are here to teach. I understood what Life wanted to tell me. This New Year, my resolution will be to value what I have always had in life. I realized how precious certain things were until I almost lost them! Life gave me that pinch so that I won’t take anything for granted…ever again.
I always believed that I used to plan my life well. But I am scared to say that now. No one has the power to plan their life. Only destiny can do that. I can only be thankful that my destiny was kindly playing along all these years when I thought I was planning my own life!
This year end is going to be a humble thanksgiving meal on the terrace with the most important people in my life --- my mother, my husband and my two little boys. Of course there are other important people in my life, but these are the ones I cannot live without…and these are the ones I will never take for granted.
I am thankful to life for giving me this unforeseen jolt. Otherwise I would have never appreciated the true worth of things and people around me.
I am most thankful for my job which more often than not, gives me the creative satisfaction I crave for. I am thankful for my aged little red car, that has been there with me in high times, off moods and bloated up pregnant times , listening to my loud self talk, pet peeves and songs! I am thankful for this humble home that responds differently to new people and changing seasons. I am thankful for my older son’s drawings that always seem to inspire me and my little baby’s hugs and giggles for making life worth living even at the most difficult situations. Lastly, I am most thankful for this terrace --- the partner to my thoughts. I am so glad to see another year pass by as I sit here and write about it. Dear Life, I have learnt my lesson. Give me the strength to face 2016 and its anonymous ups and downs. Hope 2016 is an exciting journey.

The terrace looks beautiful ...all 'deck'ed up in Moroccan style this New Year eve. A home cooked dinner awaits us.The fabric shades dance in the wind and fairy lights quietly twinkle as 2015 turns into 2016.
Happy New Year !

* Just after helping me with my second delivery, my mother found out about her CANCER. This was the year when everything changed... 




2 comments:

  1. Nats,
    Well done. Good to hear of your humbled approach (The term "Inshallah" will have a new meaning to your everyday life now). Even every tiny seemingly insignificant seed burdened with snow gathers up its courage, and when its time it springs back to life with vigour and a soothing fresh colour - to a fresh new start.

    Keep posting and we'll keep reading - the "you" in your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sana. I think blogging itself is like gathering up the courage to share your bleeding innerness with the world...When you allow yourself to be vulnerable, you allow yourself to connect.

      Delete

Thanks for enjoying some quietHappiness.
Please drop a comment if you relate to my writings.
Always appreciate your feedback :)