...

...

: : : :

: : : :

Monday, January 14, 2013

Chocolate Nose!

On Saturday, I accidently washed my hair with coldish water right after being frozen by the Al Shamal winds that blew through the desert and our spines on Friday evening. Successfully, my son was wearing the right jacket that saved him. But my stylish thin shrug-type sweater (that my mother refers to as ‘only sleeves’) left me completely runny nosed.
We went out grocery shopping and as usual wandering through the well displayed markets, my boy picked up something new for the week. I was glad it was not another car.It was a chocolate egg.
I was relieved. It would keep his hands away from pulling out tempting objects from the display or drinking up very cold juice right out of the cold storage! We all know very well what that leads to --- another runny nose!

The idea was to take a sneak peek ’at ease’ into a newly opened Art café near our place after dumping the grocery in the car. Needless to say, Arhaant had already opened the chocolate egg with both hands and started licking it until his hands were soaked in chocolate! Now Baba got wild. Firstly ‘anything egg’ scares him. His logic says if it is in an egg shape, how direct you want them to be! Of course it contains egg! And then his love for the car and my love for not wasting food were put to test against our love for art. So what next, I had to lick off all the remaining chocolate off Ary’s palms. Later, I carefully double checked for anything possibly messy. Ary’s hands, mouth…even the car door handle…but missed one very important thing!

We almost managed the ‘at ease’ walk through the art café, talked to the beautiful café owner, admired artifacts with a ‘serious faced’ regard towards new art forms and returned early with the ‘school night’ excuse…only to find a chocolate flake, now molten, smeared in the shape of a perfect circle atop the tip of my already red nose --- like a totally not funny clumsy clown from some sad little circus!!! Eeeeeek….how silly…!!! She would have thought of me as a greedy mum who eats the chocolate herself and does not share it with her child!!!
And the saddest part is that no one told me! I remember Ary saying “chock ate” and pointing towards me…but I dismissed him saying “no more chocolate”!!!
…and of course the ‘other grown up’ with us was clearly busy looking everywhere else(I know exactly where) but at his wife!!! So that is another moral of the story!
Well, I guess playing mum to a clean looking child often requires too many sacrifices…
A chocolate coated child clown would have been atleast cute. Damn selfless and thoughtful motherhood!

~ and damn inner beauty ;)



6 comments:

  1. hahahah... what else can I say! Though I secretly feel KK would have noticed it and not said anything :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the same too... KK was having 'his own' secret fun time.... all along!!!

    ROFL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) ...this quietHappiness always ends up revealing the secret personality of one Mr. KK! He should thank me for it ;)

      Delete
    2. I feel so sorry this time Nat,thought your red nose (at that point of time) would cover up the hidden secrets behind a chocolate EGG,this proves your love for chocolates and am sure the pretty gal at the shop wouldnt have realised...as she was chatting accidently and more interested where Arhaant was placing his CLEAN hands;-)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. ...I have noticed that a reader relates a lot better to writings about simple funny events in life. Hence this post deserved a picture to compliment :)

      Delete

Thanks for enjoying some quietHappiness.
Please drop a comment if you relate to my writings.
Always appreciate your feedback :)