...

...

: : : :

: : : :

Friday, February 09, 2024

Sunny Side Up

At sunset hour, on a lazy Friday, I look out from my balcony to the horizon. I love how the sun drenched facades of the buildings shimmer in the golden light. I wish to be right there, soaking up the sunshine.
I see the Zaafarana park down below. Nice and green grass, with sun rays filtering through the branches of the Ghaf trees. I wish I could just fly down and land on my toes exactly on that sunlit spot.

I quickly change into my sports clothes and trainers, to catch that magic show. But somehow by the time I reach there, the magic witnessed from the balcony is nowhere to be found.
Similarly, as I drive past those same sun-facing buildings on some evenings when I drop my son to football, I decide to stop by and feel the sun’s warmth on my skin. But again, the charm of the balcony view is lost.

Isn't it the same with most things in life, I wonder! Everything that looks attractive and shiny from a distance, may not be as exciting when you go close enough to touch it! We spend so much effort and energy trying to run after such seemingly phenomenal moments, when in reality they can just be calmly dealt with at our own pace. Some things are best experienced from far, giving them the correct space and a comfortable distance.

I have come to realise now, sometimes it's just better to be a spectator than trying to be the artist or the director, so as not to spoil the beauty of a rare naturally magical moment, with its sunny side up!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for enjoying some quietHappiness.
Please drop a comment if you relate to my writings.
Always appreciate your feedback :)