...

...

: : : :

: : : :

Friday, March 14, 2014

When I'm Home

Through her eyes
I watch the sunrise...
and a tired soul is hushed to ease,
in her meditatively mild light.
For when I’m home,
everything seems to be right.

Sunbeams creeping into the curtains,
I soak up with a piece of the sky.
A salted and spiced sea breeze
with every indolent sigh.
As lyrics get strung into rhyme,
it’s here that my ideas take flight.
For when I’m home,
everything seems to be right.

Couches cozy by her windows
and blankets full of togetherness,
hold a medley of dialogues and laughter.
And it’s here that I begin to feel alive.
Recalling prized moments
so beautifully nestled in this space,
with memories framed upon walls white.
When I’m home,
everything seems to be right.

Like a gypsy all day,
my mind that roams unknowingly,
returns to her open arms by sundown,
to fulfill dreams for more tomorrows.
For it’s here that an eventful journey
curls up into placid peaceful slumber
and everything seems to be right again,
when I’m home.





Photo Credits : Krish Nair

2 comments:

  1. Very heartwarming!
    ~VP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful expressions :) As always!

    - Ash

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for enjoying some quietHappiness.
Please drop a comment if you relate to my writings.
Always appreciate your feedback :)