...

...

: : : :

: : : :

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Multiplied by Two

Once upon a time,
you were within me,
as an innocent heartbeat.
Now you wander about
spreading your new wings.
And just then I feel
another familiar flutter inside me…
On an idle weekday,
two hearts throb as one again,
knowing not, that soon
they will have to learn
the art of sharing.
How can I ever imagine
dividing my love into two,
when the whole of it
was reserved only for you!
But then I realize,
a woman’s heart is like her womb,
that can only expand with true love…
I grasp the simple math.
My love will only multiply
with every passing stage of life.
A heartfull for you
and another equal heartfull
for that little being, still evolving
in the same tender folds of my flesh
where you once bloomed…


~ Today as we celebrate eight years of marriage , life has given us another ‘sweet realization’. For the last time, its just the three of us, preparing for the bigger roles we are soon to play. I dedicate this poem to my little boy who is slowly learning to accept changes in his mum.

Happy Eighth Anniversary !

4 comments:

  1. straight from the heart...loved every bit of it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary and a big congrats on ur new multiplication...god bless..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary and Heartiest Congratulations on the "Double Dhamaka"! :)
    Xoxo,
    VP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nats and KK,
    Happy anniversary and congratulations on the wonderful news! May god bless all of you!

    loved the accompanying photos as always!
    tons of love,
    Sana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for enjoying some quietHappiness.
Please drop a comment if you relate to my writings.
Always appreciate your feedback :)