...

...

: : : :

: : : :

Friday, October 17, 2014

The Roller-coaster, that's Life!

As the noon sun lightens up my work desk, I drift back to a familiar dreamy daze. The olive green floors of the perfectly colour coordinated office hold in harmony, the carefully selected black and white furniture.  Far beyond the sea of buildings is the turquoise blue sea, surrounding the sands of Lulu Island. I see the Abu Dhabi Corniche on one side and the same but different Salaam street on the other side, snaking and squeezing between glass structures. It’s the same quiet contemplation I always indulged in after lunch. But everything around has changed. For a split second, I feel like pinching myself back to reality. Am I still sitting in my old office daydreaming about the future, expecting a change, or has all this really happened! Its like the past few months have been erased from my memory.
Suddenly I am back to my favourite design immersion, deeply involved in sketching, forgetting things around me. But a slight movement of butterfly wings inside me keep reminding of the fact that I am not alone.
Life has opened new chapters for me, both of which, I have experienced before. But I have shed my old skin. I have a new routine. It feels unreal. Its true, if life has to change, it changes in one second. Time just waits for the right moment. And then destiny plays her part.
I guess that’s where the cliché comes from. Life is a roller-coaster ride. Let me sit back and enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for enjoying some quietHappiness.
Please drop a comment if you relate to my writings.
Always appreciate your feedback :)