...

...

: : : :

: : : :

Monday, December 30, 2019

Year Unfolded

On the last sun kissed hour
that wraps up December,
I lay out the year that was,
day by day upon my desk.

Recalling the perfect sunny afternoon,
when my inner fire shone across my face;
Or that rainy morning, I half-smiled my way to work
and the car wipers couldn’t stop my tears…

Within tightly woven strands of inspiration,
few wounded friendships entangled.
A wrong word, I could sieve off my tongue,
perhaps another precious teardrop to preserve.

The way my home looks, through seasons,
in ever-changing sun paths by the horizon.
A few big milestones attained,
after thousand tiny steps taken.

The last gold of yesteryear dusk,
is fringed with melancholic gratitude,
as I sing a silent lullaby
to today's concluding sun.

Every loss that emptied me,
has refilled me spiritually.
The brink of new beginnings,
becomes a collection of quiet musings.

I sort the good days to treasure,
gather all my courage.
With a newly vacant mind,
get ready to ride into the new.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for enjoying some quietHappiness.
Please drop a comment if you relate to my writings.
Always appreciate your feedback :)