...

...

: : : :

: : : :

Friday, January 24, 2014

Join the Dots

Why did the word “Abu Dhabi” keep lingering my mind when my aunt staying in Riyadh used to mention it in my childhood…Of course because I was destined to live here!

Why did I end up choosing the landscape elective for my final year of Architecture even though I was not completely sure of my interest in that subject? Because my life knew that my career was going to take a roundabout route in this direction.

Why did my husband think of trying his hand at the architecture entrance exam even though he had already got an admission into another college? Only because he was supposed to meet me! It’s weird; I remember it now, that in 5th grade, one crazy boy in my class used to tease me with the same name as my husbands! And years later, I ended up marrying a guy with the exact same name!!!

Everything that happens in life has a reason. Just today, I found a page of ‘join the dots’ in my son’s activity book and realized how our life itself is like a game of join the dots! The omens form the dots around which our journeys take their turns and ultimately render a true meaning to the larger canvas.Some words give me an intuitive kind of vibe. If I ponder over a word for a while longer than usual, it has some connection with my life. Of course it’s after I realize the association that I remember having pondered over it.

I am a believer. I have faith in destiny.  I think I write because I was born to do so in some way to contribute to a bigger picture.
All of us at every opportunity in life are joining the dots of destiny in our own way. Actually that is the real purpose of our living. Sometimes we share the dots. The task is one, but each journey is different. And hence every picture turns out different. That explains why two children of the same mother can be unalike.The way we join the dots has an effect on the story of our life. The more the dots, the better the picture gets. If we join them thoughtfully, our experiences get enriched.

So think back. Go down the memory lane and search for your dots. I have already tried to join some of mine today!



1 comment:

Thanks for enjoying some quietHappiness.
Please drop a comment if you relate to my writings.
Always appreciate your feedback :)