...

...

: : : :

: : : :

Sunday, June 01, 2014

So Long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Goodbye!

Cool air dancing on stern walls,
coffee rush in zesty morning flavours,
brainstorming conversations,
with sketch pens spilled on tracing paper.
Today, I take a pause
to save all these remembrances.

Bursting with to-do lists,
always in a hurry …
I recollect my daily trek
along those known pavements.
And suddenly I realize how much
this routine has actually given me!

Along with my own self-search
from a confused mum
to a calm contained designer,
varied cultures explored,
so many interesting people I met.
I owe a lot to this space.

To the window that distracted me
every single noon,
to bring out flowing words .
To my work desk full of doodles,
where I often went to dream.
I carry bits of them with me.

As I say a final goodbye,
I find heaps of golden times,
smiles, tears and memory dust.
A chapter from my secret life
carefully documented
in folders and notebooks,
on shelves, in drawers .
Yet held back on some pages,
a few precious feelings
and abstract  ideas,
waiting to fly out
onto undiscovered roads.

~ How we spend our days is of course how we spend our lives. And then one fine day, we realise what is it that we really want from life. I have decided to take a break from 9 to 5 and try the road not taken. Meanwhile in these summer holidays I enjoy more sips of poetry and some freelance work.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for enjoying some quietHappiness.
Please drop a comment if you relate to my writings.
Always appreciate your feedback :)