...

...

: : : :

: : : :

Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Asymmetry

Sometimes when we meet a new person, it feels like catching up with a childhood friend. This is what happened to me when I met Thalia - the new girl from Greece. We seemed to connect at almost every level of creativity and it was because of her that my poetry book - quiet Happiness got a chance to travel to Greece and meet a beautiful Greek artist , Sofia Vlahou(sofiavlahou.blogspot.com) Thanks Sofia, for taking the time to read my humble attempts at poetry and giving me an encouraging feedback ---

"Her poetry is characterized by honesty of emotion and succeeds to balance the richness of these emotions with simple and not bombastic speech. She expresses internal searches and while the issues are mainly from daily life, they tend to escape to other worlds. Her poems have rhythm and musicality and are flooded with imagery. It is an example of lyrical verse according to ancient Greek term."

Sharing one of my personal favourites from the book --- Asymmetry. I feel, this poem fits the feedback well and can relate with an artist's lines of thought. This poem is just what my mind frame becomes from time to time. I feel asymmetrical today!

Graceful branches of the desert Acacia,
sinuous veins of crisp new leaves,
sunny frames of reflections on sands,
close knit warmth of wool weaves...

Each line, every form follows its own pattern.
Neither absolutely right, nor wrong.
Just like my thinking lines,
on a different plane, never getting along!

When they intersect,
there is resistance.
They have to run parallel and smooth,
for a clear contained stance.

Is there anything I can call a triumph?
...an omen that signals me to go slow?
Why do I do what I do?
Without an aim, could I continue the flow?

Life so allows many a stints,
to be brave and go skew.
Have that perfect imbalance,
imperfectly balanced, at intervals few.

To feel the command of the unconventional,
cross over to another locus,
I enjoy this asymmetry of thought.
Hide and seek the mind focus!




2 comments:

  1. Tasha I am glad that I met your poems. I have your book with me on vacation and I enjoy it.
    Thanks for your report to me. Indeed this poem fits me too and I had noticed it. I love it.
    I would also add that the name acacia is Greek "ακακία" meaning innocence.
    We wait for the next book !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sofia. I am very happy that our unique interaction through poetry and paintings happened in its own artistic language. All the best for your painting exhibitions. I absolutely love your painting style.Lets hope this connection enhances our creative journey :)

      Delete

Thanks for enjoying some quietHappiness.
Please drop a comment if you relate to my writings.
Always appreciate your feedback :)