...

...

: : : :

: : : :

Monday, July 21, 2014

Triumph

I reach out for a pencil
and doodle mind matters.
I stumble upon a paint brush
that floods the page
with bleeding innerness.

I stroll through
the lanes of my verse
and sashay upon
each new expression.
I travel along
my thought alleys,
to revive a dream
tucked under a word!

I slowly sink in my composition,
my poem consumes me.
I become her
and she becomes me.
I gaze at the finished lines.
The answer I sought lies therein…
It is now in my state of mind.

That bitter- sweet quiet happiness ---
I think I won it back!

~Crafted from a conversation with a friend who described her experience of reading my poems. Poetry need not be vague and stoic. It can be a therapeutic medium for expressing any feeling under the sun. It can be an unsettling journey that finally leads to inner happiness. Not only for the writer, but for the reader as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for enjoying some quietHappiness.
Please drop a comment if you relate to my writings.
Always appreciate your feedback :)