...

...

: : : :

: : : :

Friday, August 22, 2014

In the Moment

It’s a warm dark desert night.
Cuddled up, I laze in the sofa.
I can hear my thoughts,
cutting across broken breathings.
I have a burst of gratitude.
On this yellow lit midnight hour,
the lamp spills hope,
from behind its delicate paper shade.
It fills the corner of the room,
and travels into my mind.
A slight wind of change, I sense,
through the long shadowed window,
as it teases the curtain.
I am aware, awake, not alone…
making little notes of movement
in the subdued ambience.
Sounds of coziness attract me,
but I continue to soak up in the moment,
as the pillow lightly kisses my cheek.
Unhurried streets link in light poles
and touch the darkness,
as my eyes turn them into stars.
Clock ticks through this unruffled silence
and I heave a sigh of relief.
Lips curve into a smile.
Life has come a long way.
Looks like I will sleep well tonight.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for enjoying some quietHappiness.
Please drop a comment if you relate to my writings.
Always appreciate your feedback :)