...

...

: : : :

: : : :

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Monsoon Moods

Slithering snaking country roads,
wrap around my favourite green hills,
where mist enveloped wind clouds,
make way for sparkling waterfalls.

As the cold breeze licks my cheeks
and stirs the bouncy brook,
melting upon silvery wet slopes,
the morning spills into evening.

I wish to be a rice picker,
on this drenched dreamy day.
A fresh green paddy field beckons me,
with myriad rippled water mirrors.

With a cool dip in the mountain stream,
we bathe in monsoon’s romantic spirit.
No Sun, no count of time.
We go on and on and on.

A colourful umbrella, I borrowed,
for that secret bicycle ride in the rain;
A playful jump over muddy puddles,
as raindrops dive into bubbling ponds.

A thorny fence amid endless grassy carpets,
with a pearl drop perched upon its twig;
Wild mushrooms nestled in tree barks,
along deep red mossy brick walls.

Two soaked hornbills in loving conversations,
a shy snail curled up in her shiny shell.
A proud peacock waiting for his rain dance,
looks up to the grey-white yearning skies.

In a sea of multicoloured raincoats,
school children linger at the bus stop.
The leaves of my notebook, cloth-like,
as I hurriedly pen down my dripping thoughts…

~ A collection of beautiful green sights along the country roads of rural India, this refreshing monsoon season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for enjoying some quietHappiness.
Please drop a comment if you relate to my writings.
Always appreciate your feedback :)