...

...

: : : :

: : : :

Saturday, October 22, 2016

In My City

I came to Abu Dhabi back in October 2006 after getting married in September 2006, looking for a new life. Today I have completed ten years in this city...and a decade of married life. Ten years, ten countries, ten thousand memories, ten million inspirations and some special memorable events --- the most important being the birth of my boys in this city. Amidst six years of parenthood and ten years of professional experience, my quiet Happiness --- my own published book of poems peeps out proudly from my book shelf and reminds me of the most amazing mix of work, home, travel and kids this city life has given me.
But the real sense of satisfaction comes to me when I see a park designed by me sitting complete along the streets of this city . This park at Al Adla on the outskirts of Abu Dhabi has associated my name with the city forever.Its picnic areas, play areas , plaza and sports fields make me feel that I have, in a humble way, contributed to the image of the city. What can be more satisfying than to see my boys play in the park designed by their mum! This has been a dream come true for the landscape architect in me as well as the mother. To see each line I sketched, now real on the city fabric.... to see each space I visualised, now become an experience. 
The fact that my design turned into reality in a city that I can call my own is an endearing node along my mindroads. There have been times when I felt lost and disoriented. But today, I have the quiet happiness not only by my side, but also inside me. I am in Abu Dhabi but often take little memory trains to Pune, where I was born and raised.I live in both cities at the same time. 
After a decade of wandering self exploration through writing, poetry, art, architecture, travelling, photography and juggling it all with motherhood and homemaking, I find a sense of belonging to this place... of being protected and grounded ...where inspiration finds me once again.


























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for enjoying some quietHappiness.
Please drop a comment if you relate to my writings.
Always appreciate your feedback :)