...

...

: : : :

: : : :

Friday, December 30, 2016

A Walk in the Clouds

December is by far the best time of the year in the desert. This is my eleventh winter in Abu Dhabi but each time the excitement about changing weathers and New Year Eve is always more than the previous year.

Motherhood has come to a mentally comfortable but physically more challenging mode with the ‘terrible twos’ are approaching! But well, I definitely find myself doing a lot more than I was when I was a mother of one. Nonetheless matching up to the energies of two boys is a workout in itself!  It feels like a party every day! Peaceful quiet play is just not our thing!!

However somewhere in the midst of these motherhood extremities, lie some sweet nothings tucked under the cozy blankets. This year the boys are of a correct age to be able to enjoy each other’s company. On most Friday mornings they spread out the beach blanket on the terrace to spend the entire morning in the cool sun-shade mosaics. It’s our celebration of winter Fridays with terrace-tea! Arhaant enthusiastically brings all the cushions and Abhiir brings the toys outside. My husband and I get a chance to lie down and look at the sky…watch the clouds go by. There are birds and then airplanes excitedly pointed out by Abhiir. I listen to the wind chimes tinkle and the plants sway on wind. There’s something meditative about looking at the clouds glide across the sky bowl. It’s almost like watching the year go by! It’s on such occasions that I can feel Life taking a pause so that I can peacefully look back at the year. Life waits as the wind tickles my mind to pick out amazing memories from the year that is coming to an end.

This year has been really kind to us. So many events to list down! Work life has been quite pleasant for the both of us. For me, the perfect balance of work and family life that allows some ‘me’ time to daydream and get carried away is the most important aspect that sums up a good year. We had some great travel experiences in Pune, Kerala and around the Emirates. My younger son turned one. We also celebrated ten years of togetherness in this city! I see a park conceptualized by me become alive and this brings a newfound passion to continue doing what I do and loving it!
We made new friends and also had the most memorable weekend reunion with my oldest childhood buddies and their children. On the whole I am very thankful to Destiny for being by my side this year.

Much like Life itself, parenthood is a game of ups and downs. Each year feels more difficult than the previous…but in fact it gets easier every passing year. You just have to learn to enjoy the wild crazy panicky times as well. Because it’s after those that some selected quiet moments are realized all of a sudden…and real joys of motherhood hide therein! Like a walk in the white lofty clouds after the storm has finally settled…Lets enjoy this after party!

Hope 2017 is as exciting, inspiring and adventurous with a sprinkle of carefully chosen peaceful moments to relish. 

Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for enjoying some quietHappiness.
Please drop a comment if you relate to my writings.
Always appreciate your feedback :)