...

...

: : : :

: : : :

Thursday, June 20, 2019

On Cloud 9!

Dear Arhaant,
Each year I end up questioning how many years have gone by since you were born! I keep telling you to behave like a grown up. But frankly, even I do not know what that means! Are you really nine years old!

Each birthday gives me an enjoyable opportunity to look back at the year and choose some moments. My favorite one this year was that winter morning, when both of us went to Mushrif Park for an “Artsy Picnic” with a basket full of drawing material, sketch books, colors, reading books, picnic mat and some snacks. I really love the fact that you enjoy doing these things, that too, with your mother! We spent a good three hours at the park, with the lofty clouds drifting over us, in the company of birds and butterflies and the sound of the water cascade. I couldn’t have asked for a better partner to do this activity with!

Another proud moment for me was to see you write the biography of Picasso and specially to see how you drew Picasso’s portrait for your school assignment. I think its heartening to know that you have a keen interest in the lives of these great artists from a young age.

When I was carrying you in my womb, I had always imagined you as a curly haired, lean boy with artistic fingers. And as years pass by, I can see you fitting into that image from my mind. Between you and Abhiir, you seem to be the shy, artistic, introvert type while he seems to be the strong, friendly, extrovert type. Just be yourself. Both of you. And be proud to be yourself. Each of us has a unique gift. All we must do is to nurture that gift and let it bloom within us, shaping our character.

I would want you to continue writing your diary, with lots of interesting and detailed sketches. I want you to practice skating. I think it will compliment your personality well. I can almost see you as a teenager, with loose ‘antifit’ clothes, chewing gum, curly wild hair, chiseled face and an intellectual look, carrying a sketch book and a skateboard wherever you go, humming your favorite ‘Cold Play tracks’!

I loved the birthday card you made for me with the little pictures of the incidents from our lives. I enjoyed helping you with your robot project --- the RecycleBOT 3000! I love being your “Google Amma” and am glad to answer your questions.

I loved, how enthusiastically you had packed the specially colour coordinated little goody bags as return gifts for Abhiir's birthday! You sure are my creative partner! 

I thoroughly enjoyed our road-trips this year. To Oman and through UAE, with our special mixed playlist. I was so happy to see yours and Abhiir's love for cats on the streets of Krabi. On that last evening in Thailand, under that huge Gulmohar tree, playing with the street cats, I suddenly realized, you have really grown up!

Let life be full of awesome family trips, of lakes full of lotus, desert camping under the “sky full of stars” , cozy tents, crazy jumps in the swimming pool, our summer noon dancing sessions and playing ‘Lego’ on Friday mornings after a delicious homemade breakfast of  dosas and omelettes!
Happy 9th Birthday Dear Son!

Love, 
Amma


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for enjoying some quietHappiness.
Please drop a comment if you relate to my writings.
Always appreciate your feedback :)