...

...

: : : :

: : : :

Friday, June 08, 2018

Goodbye My Little Red Riding Hood!

It was the summer of 2009. On a full moon night, in the beginning of July, SHE came into my life. I was looking for something new in this desert land, and it was with her that I started my modest exploration.
My little red car with a white hood--- my Little Red Riding Hood!

I share a unique relation with her. She has seen me in all my moods through all the different phases of life till now. She has always listened to my loud thinking, songs and prayers.
From the time when I was a lost girl in search of adventure, through the joys of my first pregnancy, the hurried times in confused motherhood, the monster-in-the- car seat times, the frenzied  drop off times, the ‘mum-of-two-boys ‘ times, the ‘bicycle-not-fitting’ times, the ‘kids-always-fighting-in- the-backseat’ times to the ‘I-don’t-want-music’ times.
Then there were the rare rainy days when ‘tears’ of joy trickled down her cheeks; the crisp winter mornings as I saw the sunrise through her rear view mirror and then the sizzling summer days, when both of us used to become red HOT with anger!

I vividly remember the first time I got lost in Musaffah and she was there to comfort me and bring me back on track. I remember my over-ambitious adventure to Baniyas in search of the client’s villa. I recall the daily site visits at sector E48, as we explored the ‘greener side’ of Abu Dhabi city.

My car has been more than a friend to me. She has been my companion through all seasons. She has been my comfort zone and the first one to listen to my new ideas about design, my blog and my life!
She often became a secret hiding place where I used to go to escape worries and get immersed in dreams. I can definitely say she’s given me lots of ‘quiet Happiness’!

But now the time has come to say a heavy hearted goodbye to my Little Red Riding Hood and our nine year long solid relationship. I will always remember her--- my first car that I bought on my own!
I thank her for keeping me safe. She will always have a special place in my heart…

“Goodbye my Little Red Riding Hood --- don’t be scared of the Big Bad Wolf!”

Meanwhile, I will CAPTUR my new Dream --- My Cream Cappuccino ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for enjoying some quietHappiness.
Please drop a comment if you relate to my writings.
Always appreciate your feedback :)