...

...

: : : :

: : : :

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Pink Rhythm

Mulled misty morn
blurred with distant birdsong.
Curving country paths
steer me to a pristine pond.

Eyes miss a blink,
to a sea of pink,
as water lilies wake up
to the ode of spring!

My mind takes a pause
in unspoken meditation,
as buds sway mildly
upon calming water currents.

On a laidback dawn breeze,
as dewy birdwings flap in glee,
my heart flies high
to that special place,
in dreams, yet to see.

In awe, I look on forever,
preserving a remarkable memory.
For the time when a lonely soul shall seek
the silent pink rhythm
of a thousand mute water lilies…

:: Describing a "wow" moment upon witnessing the Talay Bua Daeng (Red Lotus Sea) in Thailand at the wee hours of dawn. I have never experienced a scene like this one. In the midst of a thousand pink water lilies, time as though stood still in meditation. The last stanza from Wordsworth's "Daffodils" comes to my mind --- 
For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils. (water lilies!)

My verse echoes this exact feeling!
I now know what 'wealth' the show to me has brought! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for enjoying some quietHappiness.
Please drop a comment if you relate to my writings.
Always appreciate your feedback :)