...

...

: : : :

: : : :

Tuesday, June 02, 2020

Take Me Away

Walking by the shore, alone
I could feel a strong current,
pull me towards the ocean.
I let the soaked sands 
tickle and tease my toes.
An enormous wave, approaching, I saw.
But I stood there, arms outstretched,
to confront and taste the wild waters...
And before I knew it,
found myself drenched,
deep inside...
mind, through body, to soul,
filling all curves and creases,
to become one with the tide.
He came as a soft summer breeze,
and I let myself readily fall off the tree...
as a wind- kissed leaf,
carried away in magical fearlessness,
to sweet maddening lands of ecstasy.

:: Life in the time of Corona has given us the golden opportunity to reconnect with long lost friends. We were a close knit group of eight girls, back in high school. Last Saturday, we planned a 'girls night in', with each of us joining in the video call from our respective homes in different countries, with a snack, a glass of wine and our own unique love story to share. We had not been in touch post junior college, until a few years back, when a chat group reunited us. Narrating my story to them, refreshed the memories of  my relationship with my husband (who has played the lead role in my love story) I am still surprised at my fearlessness that 'being in love' had given an otherwise shy girl like me. I am touched by my own understanding of the concept of love, that had made me fight for what I wanted in life. When love envelops you like a soft summer breeze, don't be afraid to get carried away like leaf on wind... ::



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for enjoying some quietHappiness.
Please drop a comment if you relate to my writings.
Always appreciate your feedback :)