...

...

: : : :

: : : :

Monday, August 19, 2024

Reject Me!

She thought she could reject me,
because her position allows her
to chop off aspiring wings,
she fears, may take higher flight!

He thought he could reject me
because I fought for my rightful window seat
and didn't just silently settle for the dark aisle…

She thought she could reject me
because my skin is of a different shade
and my language not the same as hers…

He thought he could reject me
because I have a strong opinion,
I'm not scared to voice…

They thought they could reject me,
without even getting to know me better!
Judging me like the toads from that well,
looking through a mediocre lens---
that small circle of the gray sky,
they think, is the whole world…

You can reject me,
for being who I am, wherever I go.
Can you, for once, be who you really are?
I may lag behind on my way,
but I know how to climb back up.

Reject me, for not being
what you expect me to be.
But you cannot break me!

I'll never reject myself
for not fitting into your convenient ideas
of how those around you shall be like…
I reject you instead!

:: Sometimes, one bad experience at the workplace or in our circle of acquaintances,  is enough to trigger all those similar ones from our past, we've been carrying deep inside our subconscious minds. That's when we need to go back to ourselves and hold our own hand. Each of us will find a way to fit in perfectly in our niche ::



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for enjoying some quietHappiness.
Please drop a comment if you relate to my writings.
Always appreciate your feedback :)